Monday 9 September 2013

Colors by Llarowe The Devil Wears Polish

Yesterday you got a glimpse of The Devil Wears Polish in my red holo comparison. But this certainly deserves its own post.  I had to go for this polish - because it is a red scattered holo AND because of the name (winky-wink to Liesl). The Devil Wears Polish has (to my eyes at least) the same blue based red base color like Little Red Corvette. But it is filled with scattered bigger holo particles in gold and red and what have you. Once on the nail it looks like holos floating in cherry syrup - yummie, yummie :-D!!




I applied three effortless coats of The Devil Wears Polish over my regular Base Coat: Essence XXL Nail Thickener. Application was as easy as with Little Red Corvette. Again if you prefer a more pink leaning look you can stop at the second coat but if you want to go really red a third coat will do the trick. Sadly I could not bring forward the holo sparkle as good as in my earlier post with the comparison :-( - again the sparkle on the nail is about as strong as you can see it in the bottle in my pictures.

Doing all those shots twisting my hand and trying to get the sparkle onto the pictures the part of my brain memorizing my stash threw Picture Polish O'Hara to the front of my mind - in for a comparison?




The above picture shows three coats of Colors by Llarowe The Devil Wears Polish and three coats of Picture Polish O'Hara.

On to the differences - The Devil Wears Polish is a crelly more on the jelly side and very blue leaning with golden red and ultraviolet scattered holo. O'Hara is a red red crelly and more pigmented. The holo in O'Hara is silver and more dense than in The Devil Wears Polish but twinkles and sparkles less. Do you need both? Not necessarily - the two of them are quite close. Me? For sure loving red nail polish AND holos I find them different enough to justify owning both.

I ordered Colors by Llarowe The Devil Wears Polish with Llarowe. I cannot remember where I got Picture Polish O'Hara from but you can order it with Llarowe, Pshiiit Boutique and Harlow & Co to name three.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine




10 comments:

  1. I should really pull out reds more often. Thanks for pretty the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad, that this would be inspiring for you!!! I have those times, where I just long for those classic (errrr more or less classic) red nails - I always feel so great if I can ogle a red mani during my days :-) Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. They are both lovely but I have O'Hara and I'm going to settle with that one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ina - I remember your post of O'Hara - a wonderful picture that made me nearly loosing my eyeballs - LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. That red is really gorgeous on you, Christine! Yes, like cherry syrup or even strawberry jam! I just love that jelly finish. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Yun :-)!!!! Mmmmh now you made me think of what I could pour strawberry jam on….. yummie!!!!! :-D

      Delete
  4. Yum...this does look like cherry syrup. Beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Melissa xxx!!! IRL it is sooo sparkly, I tried to insert the little video I made but I am such a klutz at computers that I produced nothing but error messages - UGHHH ;-)

      Delete
  5. hihi, I'm dying..the name! If there's a devil I bet he/she wears nail polish! Great comparison too, I really like those! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I was giggling so hard when I saw the name for the first time!!! Of course the devil would do AND Prada shoes ;-)!!! I am so happy you liked my comparison. Sometimes I forget about doing any but every once in a while the idea surfaces and is put into action ;-)

      Delete