Monday 28 October 2013

Cirque Coronation

Now hard times have begun for me as a nail polish blogger!!! The days get shorter and the sun dropped behind my building and the hours that provide decent light for taking pictures are become few. Not to mention that the weather is while beautiful for fall - blue sky and clouds chasing each other - not a nice and steady companion to photograph nail polish. I had to degress half way through my swatch pile as it moved from sunny to murky dark. Oh well, we do what we can, right?

It was my Birthday recently and I provided myself with some polish gifts - now who would have guessed? First up Cirque Coronation - the latest nailpolish/jewelery collaboration of Cirque nail polish. This time Annie from Cirque teamed up with Jeannie Vianney - a young Texan jewelry designer. The set (many of you might have seen it already I assume) consists of the beautiful purple jelly filled with magenta shimmer and interspersed with tiny holo glitter and a size adjustable ring that was formed from a piece of lace that got dipped in metal and plated with rose gold. The result is a sweet little crown to adorn your hand.



the above pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photos outside








artificial light:




I applied three thin coats of Cirque Coronation over Essence Hardening Nail Base. Despite being a jelly application was like with a cream polish and already the first coat went on smooth and nice. Given the jelly polishonality of Coronation the pigmentation is not overly strong but easily buildable to opacity. You might know by now, that I love to add some additional shimmer-dimension and usually opt for three coats with a shimmer polish. It dries fast to a satin finish - nice enough I have to admit, but man, look at what a glossy Top Coat does to the shimmer - it literally bursts to life!!!

and now look at that cutsie ring:



This little crown as ring is adorable, wouldn't you agree? And its rounded edges make it comfortable to wear all day - it already passed the inevitable iron hand squeeze without leaving any marks. Isn't it, that you only come across those hand squeezers when wearing some jewelry that morph that squeeze into torture?

I ordered Cirque Coronation with Cirque's own website. Currently the set is sold out but the site says it should be back by mid-November.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Christine. Think I may have just found my number 1 lemming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!!! Haha I am sure you will love it and I have to assure you - it is worth every penny you spend on it!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I just love how it has the fiery glow from within. I love all of the Cirque polishes - they are so rich and beautiful. I will have to keep checking back to see if it's in stock. I think I may need this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie, thank you so much <3!!! I agree those Cirque polishes are outstanding - I did also splurge on their newest Alchemy Collection (blushing)!! They say it should be back in stock mid to late November.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to check that collection out! Can't wait to see them on your blog.

      Delete
  3. This is so completely beautiful. I love polishes with than inner glow! Cirque is a brand I would really like to try. :) And I'm with you on the iron hand squeezers, LOL...I've come across a few who can make even my most comfortable rings bring tears to my eyes. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa xxx!!! I started out on Cirques right from their first collection! And justifying splurging on their collections I always calculate how much we pay for an Opi here (USD 25.00) and tell myself, after all they are not all THAT expensive - LOL!!!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous polish! I especially love how it looks in artificial light. You chose yourself a true beauty for your birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3!!! It is gorgeous in artificial light - just perfect for the coming dark months when we have to live through the day with lights switched on ;-)!!! And I am glad to have decided on that BD splurge - LOL!!!

      Delete
  5. This is one gorgeous polish! One day (soon I hope lol) this polish will be mine :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Ina xxx!!! I am sure to meet it over at your blog one day soon ;-) LOL

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous shade! Your pictures are stellar and really capture the glow of the shimmers. :) Cute ring! Hehe I know what you mean about hand squeezers. I recently got a ring with a higher profile, so I have to be careful when shaking hands lol. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yun <3!!! I was quite astonished about myself getting all that sparkle into my pictures!!! Oh good - high profile, so an iron-squeezer would get some pain back!! LOL

      Delete